DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, March 10, 2005

LA Banks's workshop: Day 3

For today Leslie posted some additional comments and thoughts on how to add layers of sensory data to our with dialogues and narrations. As I read through her latest post, one of the things that struck me most was that she claims that the last thing she does after she has focus on her characters' feelings and the setting where the dialogue will take is
working on letting the characters verbalize what’s in their head… and let them say whatever.
I find that I do completely the opposite. The dialogue - a good dialogue - always pops first in my head. It's through the dialogues that I discover how my characters feel about an issue or each other.

For me, the dialogues are the driving force in any story. Dialogues propel the story forward. A good dialogue shows me so much about the characters - who they are, how they feel about an issue, where they come from, etc.

Anyway, Leslie didn't post any new homework for today. Maybe it's because she hasn't finished critiquing the dialogues.

Comments on "LA Banks's workshop: Day 3"

 

post a comment