DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, March 10, 2005

LA Banks's workshop: Day 3 (Update)

I just came from reading Leslie's comments on my dialogue between Andras and Jenny. This is what she said about it:
Silma, this story is really cute and has VAST potential… but show me this Muse, he’s a Greek God, right??? Gurl, c’mon, now (smile!) He shows up, I take it she hasn’t had a man in a while… he’s sexy, sensual, hedonistic, etc., and in her face… then he’s kissed her, and has mystical stuff with him… sooooo besides a moan, what does the kiss feel like, what does this huge Titan feel like, his skin, body hard body…? All of that stuff is right there if you take the gloves off. Great story concept, too, by the way… so “work” it
What can I say? Just like my heroine, I write love scenes that are as lively as two dead fish mating. (Translation: I suck at writing romance.)

At least I made Leslie almost pee in her panties with the exchange between Andras and Jenny. *lol* Hmm... And here I thought I could turn this story into an erotic romance. It seems like it's turning more and more into a romantic comedy.

Anyway, Leslie gave me some excellent feedback on that scene (which is the ending of chapter 3 and the hook for chapter 4). *grins* Now I have to sit and absorb all these ideas calmly. One thing I know for sure. I'm going to have to move around a lot of the stuff I wrote in that chapter in order to readjust the POV's and add all these ideas Leslie has planted in my brain (which is a dangerous thing to do).

Comments on "LA Banks's workshop: Day 3 (Update)"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 AM) : 

OMG - I am LMBO at the two dead fish mating! Whatever sub-genre of romance your writing falls into, I hope it shows off your hilarious, slightly off-center humor. It shines in so many of your posts and I've really enjoyed reading them. And I've got to meet this Muse! YUM!!! I was gone last week and missed the LA Banks workshop and now I really have to go read through it. I keep hearing fantastic things about it!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Eve, all my writings tend to show my off-beat sense of humor. It can't be helped. I've tried writing dark stories, but I can't. I tend to add humor without meaning to. It's just the way I am. I make fun of things to lighten things up.

Sorry you missed Leslie's workshop. It was excellent! I learned so much. And she is such an inspiration. I'm telling you, I've got some great ideas to make chapter 3 better.

 

post a comment