DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

If I could save time...


If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
- Jim Croce

As I read an entry about how precious time is on my writing challenge partner's blog, Nancy, the lyrics of this song popped in my mind and a sudden bout of melancholy gripped me.

Why?

Once time is gone, is gone for good. You can't turn back time, you can't bring it back. You lose time, you never gain it. We, who have multiple hats to wear (mother, daughter, worker, writer, critiquer, friend, clean house, take care of pets, etc.) due to our responsibilities, have to divide our precious little time into many tiny portions. That's without counting all the things that are thrown into our path, that makes us deviate from our paths, stealing more of our precious time.

So as I read her post, I started thinking about what I do with my time. All the things that I have to do in one day. I never have enough time to do all the things I need to do, which leaves me even less time for the things I want to do. And I'm an night owl, so I squeeze more than 12 hours a day! But sometimes it never seems enough.

Next week I'm off work for a whole week (Semana Santa). Since I've got a week off, I've been making a (very long) list of all the things I have to do. Would I be able to accomplish them? Probably not. As I look at the list, I noticed that I've arranged things in order of importance. I even notice now that I've changed their level of importance too. Where the editing of my NaNo story was first and foremost the most important, now it's second banana to writing the new ideas I've been inspired to write. A week won't be enough.

Yet there are times when I have plenty of time. I wish I could save that time in a bottle, so I could use it when I need it the most.

Comments on "If I could save time..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

I'm the same way with needing more time and then, even more time. Too many hats to wear, definitely. Just had this conversation with my dh yesterday. He was asking me to take on a project for him and I had to explain how, though I wanted to, every time I say "yes" to something else that takes up time, I essentially say "no" to the time I use for writing (Which often ends up being between 10PM and 2AM as it is) because it shifts everything else around. So I declined, and he took it rather well, all things considered. :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (7:59 AM) : 

I wish all people were so understanding when you have to say "no" to them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

are you serious?

 

post a comment