DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My strength and my weakness

For the past six months, in which I've been taking writing more seriously, I've discovered where my strength and weakness lies in terms of my writing.

Strength
I admit I'm good with dialogs. Everybody compliments me about them. "They sound so real." Well, what can I say? I almost have "psychotic" episodes in which I talk to myself. If the dialog doesn't sound good to my ears, then the flow is all wrong. If I could, I'd write a whole novel with dialogs only. Hmm... Isn't that what a screenwriter does? *chuckles* Anyway, right now I've got about 1,000+ words written for the new story, almost 3 chapters, and it's all dialog.

Weakness
I hate descriptions and all that other embellishment that it's required to put in a novel. I'm re-reading the 3 chapters, trying to add POV, inner thoughts, actions, and descriptions. It sucks. *sighs*

Comments on "My strength and my weakness"

 

Blogger Anna Carrasco Bowling said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Ah, another one who can do whole chapters of only dialog. I'm doing the exact same thing on my current historical WIP. Get the dialog down, with a sprinkle of stage directions and fill the rest in after the scene's bones are down.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Anna, I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who writes the dialogs first and adds the authorly things later. I thought I was some kind of writing weirdo. Hahaha! So I was trying to do the dialogs and the authorly things at the same time but the Muses would leave me.

 

post a comment