DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Bowing out

After reading all the critiques for chapter 3, I realized that I don't have enough time to re-write chapter 3, finish the story, post the chapters on the critique groups, and wait for the responses. All I've got is today and tomorrow for that. Then I'll have to edit them during the weekend and so I send the story to the contest on Monday. It's impossible to do, so I'm out of race. I'm dropping from the Amber Quill Press contest.

Might as well face it, I set up myself for failure. I was too cocky 'coz I had won the NaNo Writing Challenge. I thought I could do this contest too. Even if I didn't win it. The goal was to have the story out. Pride comes before the fall, right?

Oh well, it was a stupid story anyway. I might do some work on it today and tomorrow. I know I won't finish it but that's okay. Perhaps some day, when I'm bored and have nothing to do, I might entertained myself finishing it. If I ever do, I can always put it up in my website for people to read and get a good laugh.

Comments on "Bowing out"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Oh, Silma, I'm so sorry to hear that! I kept meaning to read your chapters, myself, but like ended up getting in the way. Guess I'll be reading what you've posted just for entertainment's sake!

Oh, and thanks for the kind comments on the whole Spanish thing. :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Ah, don't worry, Lynn. We all have been busy. It's the time of year, I think. *chuckles* I think I just set myself to fail with this story. I might end up the story some other day and put it up in my website for people to download.

Any time you need help with Spanish, you can count on me. =)

 

Anonymous S. May said ... (10:23 AM) : 

dig it out, dust it off, do it now!
no time like the present.
no story is 'stupid'.
If you think it, create it, go with it.
Are you still writing? I hope so.
;0)

 

post a comment