DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Chat with Catherine Spangler

I didn't think I'd show up for tonight's chat with futuristic romance writer, Catherine Spangler, since I'm not into futuristic romance. However, I ended up showing up and had a great time. Catherine was a very good sport 'coz she had to put with a bunch of wild and crazy like us. *grins*

As for the chat on futuristic romance, I didn't know this sub-genre was so small, or that it was so hard to get a sale. I noticed it has been reduced though. I guess since many of the big writers - like Dara Joy - aren't publishing within that sub-genre at all, the market has limited itself. Besides, the trend in romance novels seem to be moving toward Paranormal. I guess when it goes around comes around. Eventually, the futuristic romance trend will come back.

One of the things that really surprised me was the fact that Dorchester is considered a small publishing company. And here I thought it was one among the biggies, like Harlequin and Avon. After all, Dorchester publishes romance authors like Cassie Edwards and Katie MacAlister. It was recommended as a good place to start, but not to expand one's horizons as a writer.

Hmm... I just realized I forgot to email Rae with the title of my story and the hook. I hadn't even made up my mind about which song to choose, and coming up with the hook is giving me problem. But it's almost midnight now, too late for me to start working on it. I've got work tomorrow, so I've got to go to bed. That will have to wait until tomorrow. *sighs*

Comments on "Chat with Catherine Spangler"

 

post a comment