DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Boogieman dresses up as a contract

I was reading the blogs of some of the AQP's contest winners and how excited they were about winning a 2-year contract with AQP, when I heard a little voice inside my brain saying, "Aren't you glad you aren't one of them?" That sure stop me! Deep inside, in that very dark corner of my brain, I knew I didn't want to win the contest. Why? Simple. The contract. The thought that I might win, and therefore get a contract, hovered over me, even when I conciously didn't realize it, causing the biggest writer's block in me. The mere idea of a long-term contract, even if it's for 2 years, frightens me. What if I can't write anymore? What if the Muses leave me and I don't get any more ideas? For me contracts are so binding, that the thought of not being able to fullfil one is not acceptable.

Comments on "Boogieman dresses up as a contract"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (1:23 AM) : 

The status of "published writer" we're all chasing after . . . it scares the hell out of me. Why? Because I enjoy writing. And once it becomes a job, I'm afraid I might not enjoy it anymore. Anyway, that's my strange way of saying that I totally get what you're saying. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (3:38 PM) : 

I agree with you, Lynn! I'm afraid that it becomes a "job," and therefore, the fun goes away. As it is, I feel that the more I learn "the craft" of writing, the rules, and the dos-and-don'ts, the less fun I'm finding the process of writing.

 

post a comment