DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Angel of My Dreams

Since last night, I've been thinking about starting a new story instead of using an old one for the whole mentor/understudy project. One of the reasons for this is that I want to try something new which I can send to the Phaze and Silk's Vault contests. Not that I'm interested in winning. I'm scared of those contracts, you know? Just for fun. Maybe get my first rejection letter? Anyway, the truth is my mind was blank. Sure a few very general ideas floated around my (very sore) brain (the Advil barely took away the pain), but nothing that would grab my attention. It's just that I didn't have a title suitable for any of those ideas. Oh, I know some writers don't care much for titles since editors and publishers end up ditching them. Yet, I have to work around a title. No title, no story. What can I say? I'm weird that way.

So here I am at work, my mind swirling about what to write. It's a slow day so I popped a CD on the computer when this song came up.
Sometimes
The most beautiful things
The most innocent things
And many of those dreams
Pass us by
Keep passing us by

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind
That we all long for sometime
And to those that I love
Like a ghost through a fog
Like a charmed hour
And a haunted song
And the angel of my dreams

- Stevie Nick's "Angel"
Ah... I can always count on Stevie to bring me some inspiration - and the right title for my next story. *g*

Comments on "Angel of My Dreams"

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (3:48 PM) : 

That is utterly lovely. Not bad for inspiration.
Grins*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:49 PM) : 

I know, Chrys! I'm happy to at least have a title to work with.

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Beautiful. I LOVE Stevie.

I think a title addresses your theme sometimes. Some writers write without a theme and some discover it as they go.

The Phaze wip I'm subbing (that I sent you last night) is for the Heat contest. Is that the one you're talking about?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

Nice Silma.
I always check your blog.
Your godaughter Krystel

 

post a comment