DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Muses returned from their vacation

Last night I banged my head trying to think of something to write for the Amber Quill Press Competition without success. So today I decided to just go out Yuletide shopping and forget all about it. I figured I've got 25 days to come up with a short story and write it. So off I went to the land of mad people rushing from store to store buying and buying. When I came back home a few hours later, my arms loaded with presents and my wallet much lighter, I decided that a bubble bath was in order - a luxury I don't usually have.

Right in the middle of it, while watching the bubbles change their colors and explode, it hit me - a story about Muses on strike and the havoc they create. Next thing I know, I jumped out of the bath and headed to room where my reference books are. I did tons of research on the Muses and the Greek gods. As I read the info, the first part of a dialog crept into my head, unitl it kept replaying over and over, growing and adding new characters. So I took out my trusty notebook and pen and spent the afternoon writing.

So far I've got the prologue, which it needs some fine tuning but it's pretty good. As for the title of it, I'm still working on it. I've not decided on the name of the heroine, so I'm calling her Hope for the time being. As for the title of the story, I've got two on my mind. (Anyway, I've heard that publishers change them so I should be worried about it, right?) Gee, I was so inspired that I've even designed the cover of the book. *lol*

Comments on "The Muses returned from their vacation"

 

post a comment