DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, December 03, 2004

After NaNo, what's there to do?

This is the third day since the NaNo Writing Challenge ended, and I find that I've been blissfully living in quiet humdrum during that time. The rush is gone. The pressure lifted. For the past two days I've been updating my website (which needs a major face-lift) and answering all my mail. I should feel happy, right? Hmm... All I can thinks is Now what? I feel like a deflated balloon. Where do I go from here? I need something to do. So I spent all morning thinking (yes, I wasted my time in that when I could be doing major work on my website), and I figure I've got two options.

I could finish the story I began for the NaNo challenge. After all, I wrote 50,027 words, but I didn't end the story when I uploaded it. But I have to be honest. After a month of writing about Carrie and Jaysen, I'm a bit sick of them. (Has this ever happen to you?) I think I need to take a break away from them and Salem. So I saved that story on a diskette, labeled it, and put it away.

Then the other possibility is to go back to the other two WIP's. I opened the files and read through the chapters I've done so far. My mind went - ugh! So no chance there. Either my brain got fried from the NaNo challenge or it needs a challenge. Gosh, I hate when this happens.

Comments on "After NaNo, what's there to do?"

 

post a comment