DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Dawn of a new me

I did the unthinkable. I accepted the NaNo Writing challenge. I had no idea what I was getting into, nor an idea of what I was going to write about. All I knew was that I had to write a 50,000-word novel in a month. Quite an extraordinarie feast. I was apprehensive. Days before the challenge I wanted to quit. I began to have second thoughts. Two days before the challenge started all I had was a catchy title, the first paragraph, and part of a dialogue. Not much to go for. But Nov. 1 came and armed with what little I had, I began writing. For the past month, I slaved before the computer, spending hours writing, trying to come up with at least 1,667 words. Not just any word, but a string of them that made sense. But I did it! I beat the NaNo!

Today makes a month since I sat before the computer, staring at a blank screen, the cursor blinking. Today makes a month that I decided to test my skills as a writer. To push myself to places I hadn't gone before. And like a phoenix, I was reborn through fire...

Comments on "Dawn of a new me"

 

post a comment